Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) is an autonomous parastatal under the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education. It is an internationally accredited examinations board. ZIMSEC also is an examinations board responsible for the assessment, evaluation and documentation of the academic readiness, learning progress, and skill acquisition of students at primary and secondary school levels in Zimbabwe. The Council is inviting suitably qualified and motivated persons for the following vacant position that has arisen.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR – TEST DESIGN, EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT & MEASUREMENT (Ref: zimsec/exec/hr/09/04/21)
The Assistant Director for Test Design, Educational Assessment & Measurement is the Head of Division and reports to the Deputy Director. He/She is responsible for the following:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Supervising and coordinating the origination and the development of valid and reliable test instruments for Grade Seven, Ordinary and Advanced Level examinations;
- Setting and maintaining high-quality assessment standards;
- Leading and supervising the administration of pre-tests and evaluation of assessment instruments and programmes;
- Providing data-driven insights and supporting the assessment of learning, using proven methods and standard data collection techniques;
- Ensuring that extensive research is carried out on new assessment trends in order to apply new test design methods;
- Developing appropriate test design instruments for different career pathways as demanded by the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education curriculum;
- Maintaining and sustaining an adequately resourced and secure item bank for Grade 7, O and A level Examinations.
- Participating in local, regional and international fora in educational assessment discourse to inform policy on assessment.
- Supervising the work of Assessment Analysts to support the vision of the Directorate in producing valid and reliable assessment instruments;
- staying abreast of innovations in both formative and summative assessments;
- overseeing the grading of candidates’ work
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The incumbent should possess the following:
- at least a Master’s degree in Education/Educational Management;
- a qualification in educational assessment;
- extensive knowledge of global trends in formative and summative assessment;
- have the ability to lead a team of specialists in test design;
- experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- at least ten years of active practice in an educational assessment field.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of test design techniques
- Knowledge of educational development test administration and interpretation.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications each consisting of an application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates and Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) referees. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for. Applications should be received no later than Wednesday, 21st April 2021.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Assistant Director, Human Resources.
Zimbabwe School Examination Council (ZIMSEC)
Head Office Examination Centre
Upper East Road, Mount Pleasant
P.O. BOX CY1464, Causeway
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit our website : www.zimsec.co.zw
NB: ZIMSEC recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payment to the Council or any of its employees as a way of securing employment.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED