Reporting to Director – Test Design Educational Assessment and Measurement, the purpose of the job is to develop and produce valid error free question papers and provide fair assessment of candidates’ performance
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide guidance and advice to item writers on item writing
- Ensure adherence to test blue prints and specifications at item generation
- Supervise and manage the moderation and modification
- Compile valid and reliable testing instruments
- Proof read the constructed testing instruments
- Supervise vetting and proof reading
- strict adherence to question Paper development and security procedures
- Construct marking team structures
- Supervise national coordination meetings
- Appoint mark capturers and verifiers and activate them during marking
- Monitor marking for adherence to set standards and quality control
- Prepare grading tool kits and manage the awarding of grades to candidates’
- Identify examiner training needs and submit to Human Capital Division
- Select potential trainees and trainers
- Supervise training and assessment of trainee examiners
- Generate examination circulars
- Participate in the development of syllabuses
- Attend to queries relating to subjects being managed
- Participate in research and engage in intellectual discourse
- Organize and secure resources required for subject management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Diploma in Education/Post Graduate Diploma in Education majoring in Physical Education
- Degree in Physical Education and Sport Management
- Master’s degree in Education
- At least five years’ experience teaching Physical Education, Sport and Mass Display up to A Level
- Good analytical skills and solution-focused
- Ability to work well in a team
- Emotionally intelligent
- A proven and traceable success record.
- Experience in working with private and sensitive information.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use necessary data bases such as MS Excel.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and task management
- Values Quality and Efficiency
Interested and qualified persons should submit single PDF file comprising application, curriculum vitae, educational and professional qualifications. The Cv’s should have contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) referees. Applications should be done online on the link HERE. Applications should be received not later than 19th September 2023.
Applications should be addressed to:
Human Capital Director.
Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC)
Head Office Examination Centre
Upper East Road, Mount Pleasant
P.O. BOX CY1464, Causeway
NB. ZIMSEC recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payment to the Council or any of its employees as a way of securing employment.
ZIMSEC is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnical backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED