Reporting to Director Examinations Administration, the purpose of the job is to manage the operations of ZIMSEC Regional Office. The Regional Manager is the interface between the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education and the Council. She/he is responsible for coordinating all activities relating to Grade 7, ‘O’ Level and Advanced Level examinations.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
The incumbent shall be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, leading and controlling all examinations activities in the Region;
- Coordinating Centre inspection and registration of Examination Centers
- Spearhead the E-registration process in the Region and assisting and attending to candidate entries related matters;
- Monitor the recruitment of Grade Seven (7) Markers,
- Coordinating the marking of practical subjects/ coursework and Grade 7 Examinations in the Region and collection and submission of marks;
- Management of question paper distribution and script collection;
- Investigating cases of suspected malpractice;
- Accountable for all ZIMSEC assets in the Region;
- Act as a link between ZIMSEC Head Office and the stakeholders;
- Carry out other duties assigned from time to time by relevant authorities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Be a holder of a University Degree in Education Management/Strategic Management or Administration.
- A Master`s Degree would be an added advantage.
- Extensive experience as an Educationist at a level of a Headmaster, Deputy Head or Education Officer for at least 5 years;
- Have experience in conducting and supervising examinations.
- Be capable of training Heads of Centers and Invigilators in the conduct of examinations;
- A holder of a clean class 4 driver’s licence.
Interested and qualified persons should submit single PDF file comprising application, curriculum vitae, educational and professional qualifications. The Cv’s should have contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) referees. Applications should be done online on the link HERE. Applications should be received not later than 30 November 2023.
Applications should be addressed to:
Human Capital Director.
Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC)
Head Office Examination Centre
Upper East Road, Mount Pleasant
P.O. BOX CY1464, Causeway
NB. ZIMSEC recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payment to the Council or any of its employees as a way of securing employment.
ZIMSEC is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnical backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED