Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. The Personal Assistant supports the COO with a variety of PA and administration duties to enable the smooth running of the COO’s office.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
To support the effective running and coordination of the COO office within key areas;
- Prioritising the demands on the COO’s time, acting as ‘gate keeper’ when appropriate, and proactively managing their diary to ensure an appropriate balance between priorities
- Responsible for organising COO’s contributions to Directorate and board meetings, checking, amending and administering necessary paperwork, ensuring deadlines are communicated and met.
- Coordinating travel and other logistical arrangements for the COO, including organising venues, agendas, hospitality and other needs as required.
- Dealing personally with the COO’s correspondence, progresses actions, and monitors responses and deadlines.
- Assisting the COO in meeting deadlines through pro-active action, timely reminders etc.
- Pro-actively manages the COO’s correspondence including emails when appropriate.
- Acting as Public Relations front to the office of the Chief Operating Officer
- Providing support to other PA’s and their Directors, when required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 5 O-Level passes including English Language preferably with 2 A-Level passes.
- A holder of a full Diploma/Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies.
- A Degree in Office Management or equivalent.
- Qualification in Public Relations.
- Be computer literate.
- At least 3 years experience of providing PA support to senior executives with proven experience of diary management, maintaining complex filing systems, putting together presentations and taking minutes.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong experience of planning executive and senior leadership meetings and compiling concise and accurate minutes and other reports as required.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, demonstrated through an ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Is able to multi-task effectively, and to collaborate with others on joint tasks and activities
- Confident style and able to make decisions and to prioritise on behalf of COO
- Adopts a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to cope with changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Interested and qualified persons should submit single PDF file comprising application, curriculum vitae, educational and professional qualifications. The Cv’s should have contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) referees. Applications should be done online on the link HERE. Applications should be received not later than 30 November 2023.
Applications should be addressed to:
Human Capital Director.
Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC)
Head Office Examination Centre
Upper East Road, Mount Pleasant
P.O. BOX CY1464, Causeway
NB. ZIMSEC recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payment to the Council or any of its employees as a way of securing employment.
ZIMSEC is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnical backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED